AFT Vermont is hiring a smart, motivated Field Rep/Organizer who is willing to work hard for social justice at the workplace and across Vermont.
· is a democratic, organizing labor union
· is the fastest growing union in Vermont
· has majority women membership and leadership
We organize to win better wages, respect, and improvements at work.
We are looking for a team member who has
* Experience organizing
* Experience as a union organizer (internal or external) or a union member/leader a plus
* Experience working in healthcare and/or higher education a plus
* The ability to recruit, mentor and train new members and leaders
* The ability to work independently, solve problems, manage time and priorities
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, take direction & support elected union leaders
* Strong listening, speaking and written communication skills
* The ability to learn our database and communication tools
* A commitment to building worker power in Vermont
* An automobile and valid driver’s license (required)
Compensation: This position is covered by a union contract. Per the contract, the position will be paid $50,000-$78,489/year depending on experience. Benefits are as per the collective bargaining agreement, and include generous medical, 401K, and paid time off benefits.
To apply: Please email a writing sample (preferably an organizing communication), cover letter and résumé as pdfs to email@example.com–and mention that you saw where you saw the posting (7Days, Unionjobs.com, Facebook, personal contact). Posting open until filled.
AFT Vermont represents more than 6000 higher education and healthcare professionals at the University of Vermont Medical Center, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, Porter Medical Center, Community Health Centers of Burlington, the Vermont State University, the University of Vermont and the Community Colleges of Vermont.